Tuesday, May 31, 2011
As part of our ongoing effort to answer your questions about Google Map Maker, we’re introducing a newly designed Help Center. In the new Help Center, you can find clearly documented policies and information about how to make edits and review others’ edits.
This Help Center, available in 20 languages thus far, includes tips and tricks to help ensure that your edits get approved quickly. Where possible, we also provide a rationale for why you’re asked to fill certain attributes or make edits in a particular way.
In addition, we’ve organized the Help Center into five guides, each addressing a key aspect of Map Maker:
- Getting Started - Become familiar with the basic usage and functionality of Map Maker.
- Points: businesses, landmarks, and more - Learn how to add and edit places marked as points on Map Maker.
- Lines: roads, trails, railways, and more - Learn about adding and editing roads, trails and other line features.
- Shapes: buildings and boundaries - Discover how you can map locations such as your campus, buildings and other places as shapes.
- Reviewing options - Find out how you can become a Reviewer and keep track of the changes happening in and around your region.
Please let us know if you have feedback about the new Help Center on the Map Your World forum, as that will help form our next round of improvements. Your tips and best practices for Map Maker are also most welcome.
You can get to the new help center via the Help link at the top right corner of Map Maker or visit http://www.google.com/support/mapmaker.