Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:50 AM
As usual, great detective work everyone! I am continually amazed that the blogs out there answer all the questions and find many of the updates I didn't even reference!
Here are the answers to the quiz, followed by a more complete listing of areas updated.
1) Often referred to as The Cape, this land mass is technically an Island.
- Cape Cod, MA
2) The happiest place in Europe has been updated.
- Disneyland Resort, along with the rest of Paris
3) A major tourist attraction and host of an annual film festival, this city has gotten the star treatment.
4) You can now explore this city in high resolution, though it's not quite what William Gibson envisioned.
- Chiba City
5) This tiny city-state is known for it's glitz, glamor, and incredible wealth.
6) You can see this city's expressway renovation project -- which cost close to a billion dollars -- nearly completed.
7) The city of a hundred spires can be viewed with increased clarity.
8) This famous stretch of road was built by returned service men as a war memorial.
- Great Ocean Road, Australia
9) According to several surveys, residents in this city experience the world's highest quality of life.
10) Though it's expanded beyond them, this city is famous for its intact renaissance era city walls.
- Lucca, Italy
- USA: Chicago, Houston, Tampa, Nassau County (NY), Westchester County (NY), Rockland County (NY), Putnam County (NY), Rensselaer County, Albany County (NY), Schenectady County (NY), SaratogaCounty (NY), Tompkins County (NY), Schuyler County (NY), Seneca County (NY), Yates County (NY), Steuben County (NY), Allegany County (NY), Cattaraugus County (NY), West Virginia, part of Rhode Island, part of Massachusetts, and part of New Hampshire.
- Canada: Middlesex County (ON)
Europe, Middle East, & Africa:
- Spain: Cartagena, Costa Blanca
- France: Paris, Orleans, Cannes, Nice, Saint-Tropaz
- Italy: Torino, Bologna, Ancona, Lucca, Latina, Capraia Island, Stintino, Villasimius, Palermo, Agrigento
- Switzerland: Zurich, Oberhasli, Thun, Emmental-Oberaargau, Basel, St. Gallen
- Monaco: entire country
- Czech Republic: Prague, Ostrava
- Slovakia: entire country
Asia & Oceania:
- Japan: Kobe, Kyoto, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba
- Australia: Canberra, Wollongong, The Great Ocean Road
New high resolution satellite imagery: sprinkled around the globe, with heavier concentrations in Canada, Mexico, and China.
New 2.5m base imagery for: Greece, Turkey, and Australia.