Tuesday, July 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM
Here are the answers to yesterday's quiz -- I'm sure you all passed with flying colors.
1) Founded in 1608, this former British possession has a decidedly French flair.
2) Once the seat of great political power, this red fortress is now a major tourist attraction.
3) Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, this city was lost to the world for 1700 years.
4) Passing by a famous golf course and luxurious mansions, this stretch of road is a tourist attraction in its own right.
5) Legend has it that Hercules founded this major European city.
--Rome & Vatican City
8) This city hosted General MacArthur's South West Pacific Headquarters during WWII.
9) Some of my Googler co-workers can enjoy the views from this very tall building.
The following is a more complete list of the areas we've updated in this data push:
- USA: San Diego, San Francisco metro area, Wenatchee (WA), New Mexico.
- Canada: Quebec, New Westminster (BC).
Europe, Middle East & Africa:
- England: Bristol
- Spain: Barcelona, Costa del Sol, Granada, Murcia, Valencia, Cuenca, Toledo, Caceres, Zaragoza.
- Portugal: Braga, new base imagery for entire country
- Italy: Rome, Naples
- Germany: Freidburg, Munich
Asia & Oceania:
- Australia: Brisbane, Great Barrier Reef
- Taiwan: Taipei, Taichung
New 2.5m base imagery for: The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Taiwan, Tasmania, and parts of Mexico, China, and Australia.