Friday, September 7, 2007
On May 31, at Developer Day, Google previewed early beta documentation for KML 2.2, the latest update to our geographic data presentation language. That preview introduced a number of important features to KML, including:
- Atom attribution elements
- Limiting session length in NetworkLinks
- Linking between features
- ExtendedData, which allows sophisticated balloon templating and gives you the ability to embed your own custom-typed data in KML files. For more information, see the Adding Custom Data page.
- Linking between features. There was a syntax change for this feature. For more information, see the KML 2.2 Reference.
- Sky Data. For more information, see the Sky Data in KML page.